(ARA) - The long fall and holiday seasons are a time full of parties and gatherings where one wants to look their best. And as the temperatures drop, it's also a great time to find the latest and greatest in new fashions, but the last thing you want to do is deal with the heavy crowds at the mall.
Instead, consider shopping online - where you can easily shop for the latest styles without having to weave your way through tight, often messy, aisles - and save yourself some money in the process. Here are some tips to find great online deals on outfits for all your festive gatherings:
* Shop the stores you trust: Since you aren't able to try on the clothes, make certain you're shopping the retailers you trust online, so you know that if something doesn't fit or work out, you won't be hassled making a return or exchange. Many retailers make a strong effort to provide good customer service, especially since they recognized that without changing rooms, it's more difficult for customers to find the perfect outfit on the first try.
* Apply retail discounts: This is the season for fall clothing sales, and retailers will be applying those deep discounts to items sold in stores and online. Make certain you spend the minimum amount as required by the retailer to get the discount - for example, save 25 percent on purchases of $50 or more. Another popular savings offered by retailers is a two for one price deal. If the item is something you can purchase in more than one color, consider taking advantage of these offers. And keep an eye out for free shipping offers included in these fall and holiday discounts.
* Coupon codes: Retailers offer online coupon codes that can be applied during the purchase to add savings to the final cost. Bargain sites like Ebates.com and FatWallet.com post coupon codes from hundreds of clothing and shoe retailers, and make it easy to find and use them when shopping through their sties.
* Save on shipping: The price of shipping can add costs onto your clothing purchases. Many retailers allow shoppers to purchase items online, and then pick them up in-store. The good news is you can combine your store pickup with another trip - running to the grocery store, or coming home after work - helping you to save time and money.
* Earn additional cash back: After you've found the new styles that are right for you, it doesn't mean you're finished with the potential savings. Before you make your purchases, shop through Ebates.com to get cash back rewards from hundreds of stores that feature a wide variety of top fashion retailers. Many will be offering double cash back for shoppers looking for seasonal apparel, especially during the fall and holiday season.
With all those savings staying in your pocket and fashions hanging in your closet, you'll be in good shape to enjoy all the parties and gatherings, and still have extra dollars handy for your holiday gift shopping list.